From DNSSeal Wiki
While editing each behavior page to reflect a best practices and award approach, I noticed that the DNS Awardee response to the Internet behaviors in question fell into these general categories:
- Respect ICANN policy, and remain in good contractual standing with ICANN and other pertinent regulatory bodies (governments, international organizations,etc).
- Do not take advantage of or misuse customers’ information or other kinds of privileged information.
- Do not infringe on the intellectual property rights of others or encourage others to do so.
- Do not employ deceptive marketing tactics or practices.
- Take steps to prevent malicious or illegal behavior and actively monitor DNS security threats.
- Encourage responsible behaviors and enact clear and honest business practices.
Or stated more positively:
- Abide by ICANN policy, and remain in good contractual standing with ICANN and/or other pertinent regulatory bodies (governments, international organizations, etc). This type statement encompasses behaviors like Domain Tasting, Domain Kiting, Domain Name Hijacking, some Whois related behaviors, and Drop-Catching.
- Protect user privacy and data. Do not misuse customer information or other kinds of privileged information. This would fit with Whois Misuse as well as Front Running and Warehousing. Also: Spam
- Respect intellectual property rights and encourage others to do so. This addresses behaviors such as Cybersquatting, Typosquatting, Reverse Domain Name Hijacking and other trademark infringement.
- Use honest and clear marketing techniques. This is relevant in terms of Fake Renewal Notices, Cross-TLD Registration Scams, and Domain Slamming
- Take active steps to prevent malicious and illegal behavior and monitor security threats. This is broader, and could encompass things like Malware, Botnet Attacks, DDoS Attacks, Phishing, Pharming, etc
- Encourage responsible behavior and business practices. This addresses many of our good behaviors, like Additional RPMs, Whois Anti-Harvesting Techniques, and Abuse Prevention Policies and good Whois practices.
- Innovation and Excellence. This is the above and beyond section. The it-factor.