August 7, 2014 Meeting
From DNSSeal Wiki
- Conference Call
- August 10, 2014 at 2pm (PDT)/ 5pm (EDT)
- Michelle King
- Zane Bundy
- Ray King
- Jonah Geil-Neufeld
- Elise Ferguson
- Tom Embrescia
Summary of Minutes
- Ray gave a brief recap of the project's evolution from the DNS Seal to the DNS Awards, emphasizing the importance of promoting positive Internet behaviors and recognizing good actors within the domain name industry. He also touched on Akram and Cyrus' support of the project.
- Items to consider: nomination period, finalists, judges, using the Gala to highlight the award (perhaps taking 30-45 minutes), and finding a great MC for the event.
- Also discussed was the possibility of having award videos for the winners.
- At Zane and Michelle's suggestion, we set a date to work against for our first DNS Award Event. We decided on ICANN's Ecuador meeting in June 2015.
- Our Gala Night award event could incorporate Spanish language elements in reference to the host country.
- We also discussed the possibility of the award winners getting a donation in their name to a charity of their choice.
- Our next call is set for August 21 at 2 pm (PDT).
For Next Time
- Elise will contact Michelle & Zane about using the Wiki!
- Continued discussion on how to create an award event and the logistics of such an event.